Pizza Pancakes: from Angela's Kitchen
1. 1 Cup Garbanzo and Fava Flour
2. 1/2 Cup Brown rice flour
3. 1/2 Cup Tapioca Flour
4. 4 teaspoons baking powder
5. 1/2 teaspoon salt
6. 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
7. 2 Tbs. Italian seasoning
8. 2 cups GFCF milk substitute (ie: soy, rice, etc.)
9. 2 eggs worth of Ener-G egg replacer, prepared
10. 4 Tablespoons oil
11. 1/2 cup GFCF pepperoni, ham, or sausage, diced
12. 1/2 cup chopped plum tomatoes (I used drained canned tomatoes)
13. 1/4 cup chopped black olives
14. Jar of pizza or spaghetti sauce, warmed, for dipping
1. Whisk the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Mix the wet ingredients (GFCF milk substitute, egg replacer, and oil) together until blended then add to the dry ingredients.
3. Stir until blended together. There will still be some lumps, but try not to have too many.
4. Stir in pizza toppings, except the sauce.
5. Cook 2-3 tablespoons of batter per pancake in a preheated lightly oiled pan as you would regular pancakes, flipping pancake over when there are bubbles on the surface and the bottom is golden brown.
6. Serve with pizza sauce for dipping.
These pancakes were a huge hit!! The kids ate them up (The Little Man ate 5). My hubby thought it was a bit odd until he tasted them, then he became a fan too. These are a definite keeper.
Now I must go clean up the kitchen. It is a disaster!
***Added to say: Anyone interested in the normal Pizza Pancake recipe can go Here