Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Sunbutter Buckeyes

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Buckeyes - safe for peanut, tree nut, gluten, egg, and dairy allergies

Ingredients
1 jar of Sunbutter
3 cups of safe powdered sugar
1/2 cup dairy free margarine
1 bag of Enjoy Life chocolate chips
2 Tbs. shortening

Directions:
In a medium bowl mix the entire jar of Sunbutter, the margarine, and the powdered sugar together. Line baking sheets with wax paper. Roll Sunbutter/sugar mixture into 1/2 - 1 inch balls and place on wax paper lined sheet. Place in refrigerator. Put Enjoy Life chocolate chips and shortening in a bowl and put in the microwave for 30 second intervals and mix in between each interval. Only go until chocolate chips are completely melted (approx. 4 - 30 second intervals).
Dip Sunbutter balls into melted chocolate and stick a toothpick in the middle of the ball to remove. Place back on cookie sheet. When finished place chocolate coated balls back in refrigerator until chocolate is set.
Enjoy!





post signature

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for your blog, I just found it, I have a gluten allergy and have been trying to find recipes I could make myself!!!

Jenn Casey said...

What a great holiday treat! My mom used to make the peanut butter kind when I was little. Now my son can enjoy these treats, too. And my vegan sister-in-law!

Jenn Casey said...

Do you recommend using the regular Sunbutter or the organic?

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Jenn, I usually use the organic, but this time I used the regular so either is fine. My preference is the organic though.

Sheltie Girl said...

These sound delightful. I haven't tried sunbutter yet, but I really should. Now I have the perfect recipe to try it out. Thanks for sharing.

Happy Holidays!

Sheltie Girl @ Gluten A Go Go

Food Allergy Bitch said...

Just found you through allergy.hyperboards.com - what a great blog!

I've never used sunbutter - I assume it's mostly sunflower seeds. Have to check it out. Thanks!

Jane Anne said...

what size sun butter jar do you use? we order the large 4lb jar from sunbutter.com. Do you use the 1lb jar? Fantastic to find this recipe!