1. 10 ounce worth of condensed cream of chicken soup (see recipe below)
2. 1/4 sour cream or dairy free sour cream (I used real sour cream, but I'm sure that dairy free would work too)
3. 2 tbs. milk, soy milk, rice milk or milk alternative of your choice (we used soy and it was fine)
4. 1 tbs. Worcestershire sauce (eliminate this if you have a fish allergy. I didn't have any so I skipped this step anyway)
5. 1/4 tsp. salt
6. 1# boneless, skinless free range chicken breast
7. 1 med. onion, chopped
8. 1 8 ounce package of sliced mushrooms
9. 1 12 ounce bag of gluten free pasta
1. Beat soup, sour cream/sour cream sub, milk/milk sub, Worcester sauce and salt with a wire whisk until blended; set aside. Start boiling water for pasta.
2. Cut chicken breast into 1 inch pieces. Spray skillet with safe cooking spray and cook chicken over medium heat until cooked through. Remove from skillet.
3. Cook pasta and drain. While pasta is cooking, spray skillet with cooking spray. Cook onions in skillet over medium heat until slightly transparent, add in mushrooms. Cook approximately 5-6 minutes more until mushrooms begin to soften. Reduce heat to low and stir in soup mixture and chicken. Cook 3-4 minutes until mixture is heated through. Do not over cook. Serve over gluten free noodles.
Condensed soup recipe (from www.foodallergyfaq.blogspot.com):
Basic Cream Soup Condensed
Melt 3 Tbsp. safe margarine in sauce pan. Blend in 3 Tbsp. safe flour and 1/4 tsp. salt. Cook and stir until bubbly. Using wire whisk, stir in one cup of safe milk, stock, or combination. Cook just until smooth and thick. Makes slightly over 1 cup and is the same as a 10 oz. can of undiluted condensed soup.
Cream of chicken: Use chicken broth or safe bouillon as half the liquid. Add 1/4 tsp. poultry seasoning and some diced chicken.
Cream of mushroom: Saute 1/4 cup chopped mushrooms and 1 Tbsp. finely chopped onion in safe margarine before adding the flour.
Cream of celery: See mushroom, but use ½ cup celery instead of mushrooms.
You can vary the flavor by adding curry powder, garlic, onion, celery salt, lemon juice, chili powder, parsley, chopped veggies, chives, etc.