1. 58 oz. fat-free/low fat low sodium organic chicken broth
2. 16 oz low fat sausage, smoked or reduced-fat kielbasa, cut in half lengthwise and then sliced
3. 15 oz canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
4. 15 oz canned black beans, rinsed and drained
5. 4 medium carrots, chopped
6. 3 medium celery, stalks, chopped
7. 1 large onion, chopped
8. 1 tsp thyme
9. 1/2 tsp. garlic powder (opt.)
10. 14 1/2 oz canned diced tomatoes, undrained
1. Mix all ingredients, except tomatoes, in a 5 to 6-quart cooker (crockpot). Cover and cook on low-heat setting at least 6 hours or until vegetables are tender.
2. Stir in tomatoes: cover and cook on high-heat setting until heated through, about 15 minutes more. Yields about 1 heaping cup per serving.
(FYI - each serving is 3 points and there are a total of 8 servings)