Firecracker Turkey Chili (slow cooker)
1. 1 Tbs. olive oil
2. 1 pound hot Italian Turkey sausage, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
3. 2 onions, coarsely chopped
4. 2 Tbs. chili powder
5. 1 Tbs. ground coriander
6. 3 cans diced tomatoes with chili's
7. 2 15 1/2 oz. cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained (I used 1 kidney and one black bean)
8. 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves
1. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook, stirring, until browned, about 5 min. Transfer the sausage to a 5- or 6- quart slow cooker.
2. Add the onions to the skillet and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 min. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the chili powder and coriander.
3. Transfer the onion mixture to the slow cooker and stir in the tomatoes and beans. Cover and cook 4-6 hours on high or 8-10 hours on low.
4. Ladle the chili evenly into 6 bowls and sprinkle with cilantro.
Per serving (2 scant cups): 198 cal; 9 g fat; 2 g sat fat; 844 mg sodium; 17g Carbs; 4g fiber
Points value: 4 per serving.