1. 4 poblano peppers
2. 1 1/3 cup quinoa, prepared
3. 1 15 oz. can organic black beans, rinsed
4. 2 tbs. butter or dairy free margarine
5. 2 garlic cloves, minced
6. 1 onion, finely chopped
7. Cooking spray or olive oil
8. Salsa (to taste. About 1/4 cup per pepper)
9. Organic sour cream (about 2 tbs. per pepper)
1. Slice the tops and stems off of each pepper and remove the seeds. Rinse the peppers inside and out and pat dry.
2. Cook quinoa according to package directions and set aside. Over medium heat, melt butter and add chopped onion and minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 7 minutes.
3. Add quinoa and black beans to onions and cook an additional 10 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a glass baking dish with non stick spray or lightly oil with olive oil. Fill each pepper with quinoa/bean mixture until full. Place in glass dish. Cover dish with foil and bake in oven for 20-30 minutes until peppers soften.
5. Place one pepper on each plate. Top with 1/4 salsa and 2 tbs. of sour cream.
Serves 2 (for dinner) 4 (for appetizer or lunch)