Thursday, April 10, 2008

Oven Fries (aka Momma Fries)

The boys like to call these Momma Fries. I guess because they don't come from a bag in the freezer, but from Momma.

Ingredients

1. 5-6 large baking potatoes -peeled and cut length wise into uniform "strips" (like large french fries)
2. 1/3 cup olive oil
3. 1 tsp. paprika
4. 1/2 tsp. chili powder
5. 1 tsp. garlic powder
6. 1/2 tsp. onion powder
7. salt and pepper to taste

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
3. Add cut potatoes and mix together (with your hands) until potatoes are evenly coated.
4. Place potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake for 50-60 minutes at 450 degrees F turning once half way through baking.

post signature

6 comments:

FoodAllergyMom said...

I've never made oven fries, I'm going to have to try this. My middle daughter is a picky vegetarian with food allergies. Her food choices are very limited, but she loves anything made with potatoes! She eats a lot of the frozen fries but then her little sister can't eat them with her because most of them contain dairy and/or wheat. Thank you for this recipe. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for this recipe. I tried to modify a Cooking Light roasted potatoes recipe to make homemade fries previously, but it did not turn out too well. Consistently too greasy. I am going to try your recipe this week. I bet it will be great! I am trying to stay away from packaged frozen fries because there are so many mysterious ingredients added to them. Despite their yummy taste, I am leery of msg and who knows what else is in there. Thanks again!

Unknown said...

I tried your fries recipe and it worked great! Yum. With the economy the way it is, I suspect we'll be learning yet more ways of cooking with potatoes! But seriously, it really beats buying ore-ida or something else! Thanks!

P.S. Have put a link to your blog on mine. Hope that is OK! :)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-celular-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

FoodAllergyMom said...

I finally made these last night. They were wonderful, everyone loved them! Thanks for the recipe. :)

FoodAllergyMom said...

Did you delete the pizza pancakes? I can't find them now and I wanted to try them. It sounded like Emily's kind of recipe!