Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Just Like Nilla Wafer Cookies
Just Like Nilla Wafer cookies (The Kid-Friendly Food Allergy Cookbook by Leslie Hammond and Lynne Marie Rominger):
1. 1/2 C margarine, room temp.
2. 1/2 C shortening
3. 1 C sugar
4. 1 eggs worth of Ener-G Egg Replacer
5. 2 tsp gluten free vanilla
6. 1 C white rice flour
7. 1 C potato starch
1. In a mixer cream together the margarine, shortening, and sugar. Beat in Egg Replacer and vanilla. Add the flour and starch and cream for 1 minute. Chill dough in the refrigerator over night (don't skip this step it is very important to helpt he cookies keep shape).
2. Roll dough into 1/2-inch balls. Place on a baking sheet and flatten slightly. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for about 8 minutes. Let sit on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack. Repeat with remaining dough. Store in a covered container.