1. 1 can diced no salt added tomatoes
2. 1/2 cup vegan red wine
3. 5 garlic cloves chopped
4. 1/3 cup kalamata olives chopped
5. 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
6. 1 (2.5 lb.) piece flat-cut brisket, fat trimmed off
7. salt and pepper
8. 1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
1. Place tomato, wine, garlic, olives and rosemary in slow cooker and stir to combine.
Sprinkle meat with 1 1/2 tsp. salt and pepper to taste.
2. Place it on top of tomato mixture; spoon half of tomato mixture over meat to cover. Cover and cook on high until fork tender, 5 to 6 hours.
3. Transfer brisket to a cutting board, tent with foil and let stand for 10 minutes. Skim fat from sauce; season with salt and pepper. Slice brisket across grain and transfer to a serving platter. Spoon some sauce over meat and sprinkle with parsley. Serve brisket wit remaining sauce on side.
Per serving: 424 cal.
180 mg chol.
5 g carb.