Thursday, August 13, 2009

Oliver's Labels

This is not food related, I've been really behind on posting any new recipes over the summer. We've been cooking, but we've pretty much been cooking our tried and true recipes.

Last week I received an e-mail from Oliver's Labels and they asked me if I'd do a review on their allergy related labels. Click here to see the different designs that they offer. Because my son has multiple allergies, they sent us the "No Nuts, No Gluten, No Eggs" label. It wasn't clear to me from the website but you can get multiple allergens listed on one label.

The labels are really nice and seem like they would hold up well. The graphics are full color and are guaranteed not to rub off. They also said that the machines that they use to print the labels are eco-friendly. That's a nice bonus.

They also offer a lost and found system called found it codes. If your child loses an item the nice person who finds it can go to a special place on the Oliver Label website to virtually turn it in and Oliver's Labels will help you get it back. They said they included these in the samples, but I didn't see them in my envelope.

The labels look really nice and I'll be looking into the shoe labels that they offer. My issue with the allergy label is that it says "No Nuts". Some kids are allergic to peanuts and some kids are allergic to tree nuts (or both) and I think it would be nice to differentiate. Some people don't even know what a tree nut is. The other is the "No Gluten". Technically it works for my son because he is allergic to wheat, rye, barley and oat, but that can be a little confusing. He's not allergic to gluten, he's allergic to the proteins in wheat, rye, barley, and oat. Am I nit picking on that? Yes, probably. Do I have an answer on how to correct that issue. No, I really don't. I'm just bringing it up.

Over all I really like the labels and the company itself. I recommend them and like I said, they more than likely have found a future customer in me.

Thank you Oliver's Labels.



post signature

3 comments:

marthub said...

Barcode Printer

Skylark Sales Corporation is a leading supplier of Labeling Equipment, Industrial Labels, Printed Labels, Barcode Labels, Food Labels, Security Labels, Packaging Labels, Product Labels, Holograms, Adhesive Tapes etc. In business since 1997, we have the experience necessary to help you with all of your marking and labeling needs.

ZM said...

I used to say that the Toddles is "gluten-free" (and still do), but it is confusing. The initial assumption that people make is that he's got celiac.

They then underestimate the situation, get confused when I talk about anaphylaxis, etc. So no, I think you aren't nitpicking. Or, if you are, that the distinction is a pretty significant nit to pick.

Unknown said...

In business since 1997, we have the expertise to help with all your marking and labeling requirements. Skylark Sales Corporation is a leading provider of labeling equipment, industrial labels, printed labels, barcode labels, food labels, security labels, packaging labels, product labels, holograms, tapes, etc.